An Update on #LVER30Before30.
I’ve decided I’m going to revise some of these items because after a few months of tackling my bucket list, I realize some of the items here are either no longer relevant or just things that actually aren’t a priority for me.
- Read the Bible cover-to-cover
- I’m currently in 1st Samuel. I’m pretty behind on my plan, but I *finally* got the set of Bibliotheca books I ordered 2 years ago through Kickstarter and I’m hoping these will help me speed up my reading.
- Eat at Alinea / visit Chicago
- Work is sending me to Chicago in February or March, so I may look into trying to visit then!
- Roll out new blog and do minimum 1 post per month
- Become conversationally fluent in French again
- I’ve signed up for cooking classes (taught in French!) starting in late February
Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge
- Accomplished November 25, 2016
- Become an expert on the Belle Epoque (all the great artists, musicians, and thinkers of the day)
- I ordered 2 books that sit collecting dust on my nightstand…if I can just get to reading them, I’ll knock out 2 birds with one stone! (this and #16)
- Try a speed-dating session for fun
- I found a friend who’s willing to do this with me!
- Do 10 body weight pull-ups
- oof…what was I thinking?!
Go to Pentatonix Concert
- Check – November 9th, 2016
- Take a cooking class – knife skills
- Go do paintball!
- Go to Central or South America (pick country later)
- My sister and I are shooting for a trip to Costa Rica sometime in the next few months
- Do a color run
- Mission trip to Haiti
- Try eating bugs
- Read 1 book per month
- October – Longing for Paris
- November – I’m behind
- December – still behind but I’m wrapping up a couple of books soon!
- Revamp my wardrobe – BE AN ADULT
- I plan on doing a big cleanup in Januray
- Become an amateur cheese connoisseur
- Started reading It’s Not You, It’s Brie (you’ll want to eat cheese for every meal)
- Do the Whole30 [this goal has been changed/updated]
- Currently doing Whole30 with a friend – 9 days left to go!
- Have a professional portrait session (Abigail)
- Learn to drive stick shift
- The girls in my community group have decided to do a weekend excursion and teach ourselves! Probably this summer…
- Have one real spa experience (mud path, hot stone massage, etc.)
- Visit gun range (maybe get gun permit)
- Find a way to creatively display my postcards and mementos from trips
- Pay off student loans
- Go to Colorado to visit Sheila and San Franciso to visit Chessa
- Heading to SF in February!
Get TSA Pre√ – no more lines for me!!
- DONE AND DONE
- No soda for a year
- Still doing this!
- Watch one classic movie per month: Casablanca, The Sandlot, National Lampoon, Some Like It Hot, The Big Lebowski,
Breakfast at Tiffany’s(November), The Graduate, Clockwork Orange, Fiddler on the Roof, The Breakfast Club(October), The Goonies, Stand By Me
- I’m behind here too – hoping I can catch up on books and movies before the end of this month!
- Throw an epic 30th birthday party
- I’m back to the drawing board – I want something fun but still accessible for everyone…any ideas??